What are you looking for? Let’s dig in quickly
- When a ball bounces, it rises to 3/4 of the height from which it fell.
- The ball is dropped from a height of 32m.
In this question; we need to find out the 3/4 of the given value i.e. 32.
- First time when it falls it goes (3 x 32)/4 = 24m high.
- Second time it will go (3 x 24)/4 = 18m high.
- In third bounce it will go (3 x 18)/4 = 13.5m high.
Height of ball at the third bounce = ?
Given height = 32m
First bounce = ¾ x 32 = 24m
Second bounce = ¾ x 24 = 18m
Third bounce = ¾ x 18 = 13.5m answer
When a ball bounces, it rises to 3/4 of the height from which it fell. If the ball is dropped from a height of 32m, it will rise13.5m at the third bounce.