What are you looking for? Let’s dig in quickly
- A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/h
- A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds
- A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 minutes
- Two trains of equal length are running on parallel lines
- The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long
- A 270 meters long train running at the speed of 120km/h
- A train 800 meters long is running at a speed of 78 km/h
- A 300 meters long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds
- A train takes 18 seconds to pass completely through a station
A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and platform in 25 seconds. Our final aim is to find out the length of the train. Train’s length would be calculated with speed distance time formula.
There are two things in this question.
- Trains crosses pole in 15 seconds; it means we are only talking about the length of the train.
- Trains crosses platform in 25 seconds; it means we are talking about length of the platform as well as the length of the train.
Let suppose the length of the train is y then
Total length = length of train + length of platform
Total length = y + 100
Another thing that we need is the speed of train which is very easy to find out.
Speed of train = y / 15
Now, we can calculate the length of the train by placing all the values in the speed distance time formula;
Speed = Distance / Time
Distance = Speed x Time
Length of the train = ?
As, we know that
Distance = speed x time
y + 100 = y/15 x 25
y + 100 = y/3 x 5
3(y + 100) = 5y
3y + 300 = 5y
5y – 3y = 300
2y = 300
y = 150 m answer
So if a train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 meter long in 25 seconds. Its length is 150 m