What are you looking for? Let’s dig in quickly
- A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds
- A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/h
- A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds
- A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 minutes
- Two trains of equal length are running on parallel lines
- A train 800 meters long is running at a speed of 78 km/h
- A 270 meters long train running at the speed of 120km/h
- A 300 meters long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds
- A train takes 18 seconds to pass completely through a station
The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/h can cross in 30 seconds will be determined according to the formula mentioned here under as;
Length = speed x time ________ (i)
Assuming the length of the bridge = b
Total length = b + 130
Speed will be converted to m/sec and time is also given (30 sec).
By substituting all the value in the equation (i); length becomes 245 meter.
Length of the bridge = ?
Given speed = 45 km/h
Speed in m/sec = (45 x 1000)/3600
Speed in m/sec = 12.5 m/sec
the length of bridge = b
so, total length = b + 130
length = speed x time
b + 130 = 12.5 x 30
b = 375 – 130
b = 245 meter answer
The length of the bridge will be 245 meter, if a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr crosses the said bridge in 30 seconds.