What are you looking for? Let’s dig in quickly
- A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds
- A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds
- A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 minutes
- Two trains of equal length are running on parallel lines
- The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long
- A 270 meters long train running at the speed of 120km/h
- A train 800 meters long is running at a speed of 78 km/h
- A 300 meters long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds
- A train takes 18 seconds to pass completely through a station
According to the question “A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/h and crosses a 250m long platform in 26 seconds”.
Suppose the length of the train = y
Total length = y + 250
Speed is given but needed to be converted to m/sec and time is also given (26 sec).
Length of the train will be find out easily by substituting the values in the formula mentioned below;
y + 250 = speed x time
Length of the goods train = ?
Given speed = 72 km/h
Speed in m/sec = (72 x 1000)/3600
Speed in m/sec = 20 m/sec
length of the train = y
so, total length = y + 250
length = speed x time
y + 250 = 20 x 26
y = 520 – 250
y = 270 meter answer
If a goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/h and cross a 250m long platform in 26 seconds then the length of the goods train will be 270 meter.